Many people turn to baking soda for heartburn – it is one of the most sought after and effective ways to reduce acidity and heartburn. That it is a natural remedy – baking soda being a natural antacid, is an added advantage.
And you might be asking – what is it in baking soda that reduces heartburn?
The answer is simple – it is sodium bicarbonate – the active ingredient in baking soda that helps relieve bloating, gas, and all the accompanying symptoms of heartburn. If you’ve looked into the causes of heartburn you might already be aware that heartburn is caused by imbalance in the quantity of acid in your stomach.
The stomach can secrete more acid than it needs, or it could be failing to secrete enough acid – in either case, there is excess acid build up in the stomach that is not getting used. If this acid imbalance goes unchecked it causes hiatal hernia – a condition where the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) weakens, allowing the acid from the stomach to reflux into the esophagus and cause heartburn.
What baking soda does is neutralize this acid in your stomach thereby giving you relief from the symptoms of GERD. Dissolve 1 teaspoon of baking soda in 8 ounces of water and have it to reduce heartburn.
However before you jump at the idea that baking soda is THE solution to heartburn, there are a few things to know—
- Baking soda can, at best, be a temporary solution – because it releases carbon dioxide in the system and this helps to release the pressure on the LES to let out burps. But this also allows the acid to reflux. So baking soda can only be a temporary relief and not a long term solution to GERD.
- Too much baking soda can also lead to nausea.
So the next time you start having the tell-tale burning sensation in your chest and acidity, try baking soda for heartburn relief. But when heartburn becomes a regular aspect of your life it means that the underlying issue is not getting treated – that’s when you have to turn to your doctor for advice and medication instead.
Incoming search terms:
- baking soda for heartburn (19)
- GetInstantReliefWithBakingSodaForHeartburn!|HeartburnHelp (7)
- arm and hammer for heartburn (3)
- bicarbonate of soda for heartburn (2)
- does sodium bicarbonate work instantly with acid reflux (1)
- gerb at baking soda (1)
- heartburn relief (1)
- How does baking soda reduce heartburn (1)
- instant relief for heart burn and gas (1)
- instant relief from heartburn (1)
- www heart burn remederies (1)
- can you use baking soda for heartburn (1)
- can baking soda help to heal heartburn or chest burn? (1)
- bicarbonate of soda indigestion (1)
- arm and hammer gas relief (1)
- baking soda (1)
- baking soda acid reflux (1)
- baking soda does it burn acid (1)
- baking soda for heartburn and gas (1)
- baking soda for heartburn work instantly? (1)